Monday, January 25, 2010

Nesting

In the last 24 hours I have developed the deep desire to start preparing the nursery. I have spent countless hours online at Target picking out all of the things that I am envisioning for the room. It might seem a little different to most people, I am following Montessori principles in setting up the room. There will be no adult furniture (except a dresser -- which happens to be free storage because we already possess it), crib, changing table, and all of the wall art and decor will be at eye level for an infant. In case your having a hard time picturing this ... it will resemble something along these lines --






A mattress on the floor supports independence, and of course their room would be more "child proofed" than this room appears. This is more along the lines of what our baby's would look like in about a year and a half. This is certainly not the traditional way of putting together a nursery -- but I am excited to see if it works for our family. I love Montessori and would love to put our child into the school that I currently work at -- unfortunately it is WAY too expensive! I have learned enough in the last few years of being there that I think that I can at least incorporate the basic philosophy at home.

I will post pictures as we start building the nursery :) If you have any questions feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment